Access control systems let you control who can unlock doors and gain entry to specific locations by person, day of the week, and time of day. DGA’s managed access control service, DGAPass, is the simplest way to implement access control. DGAPass is affordable for even the smallest companies, yet scalable to large organizations with multiple locations.
Whether your system uses turnstiles, proximity readers (also known as card access systems), or biometric devices, DGA’s consultants and installers specialize in minimizing their impact on a location’s design without sacrificing security. The resulting system is effective, convenient, and discrete. We also have tailored solutions for lobby visitor management.
Access control systems have several advantages over keyed locks:
- With keys, access is all or nothing. If an employee has a key, he can open a door any time of day or night. With access control, you decide when the doors can be used and by whom.
- If a key is lost or an employee leaves, your security is severely compromised unless you re-key all of your locks. With card access, simply tell the system to disable the card in question. All other cards continue to work properly.
- Keys can be duplicated. Access cards cannot. You have no way of tracking who has a key.
- Keys are anonymous. Access control systems create a detailed audit trail so you know exactly whose card opened a door and when. Your employees know this, too, which discourages inappropriate behavior.
- If an employee’s access needs change, the access cards can be quickly reprogrammed. Or, if an employee leaves, you can give his card to a new employee and all the access rights will be reflect the latter person’s rights.
- No more “big ring of keys”. With access control, one card unlocks every door the employee is allowed to open. There’s no need for separate keys for each lock. DGA even has access control solutions for unlocking lockers and cabinets and display cases.
DGAPass logs every access attempt to its master database at our secure monitoring center. Our DGAPass email alerts can automatically notify you of important events such as when a location is opened or closed. Reports are also available whenever you want through the DGAPass web portal.
DGAPass managed access takes the hassle out of access control. Contact us today and we’ll design a system that’s right for you.